JOIN THE IMPACT on CKc's Educate for Change Team! YOU can educate others on childhood cancer!
Here are the critical facts you can share.
• Every year, worldwide, 400,000 children are diagnosed with cancer; double what was previously recognized. This equates to one child every minute.
• Seven children die from cancer each day in the U.S.
• Childhood cancer is the #1 disease-killer of children. Brain cancers such as DIPG have ZERO long-term survivors.
• Standard protocol for treating children with cancer is to give them diluted adult chemotherapies. Only FOUR drugs have been developed specifically for treating kids' cancer in the last 40 years.
• Adult treatments take their toll on children's bodies. Of the children that survive cancer, 95% will suffer serious long-term health issues due to their treatment. Side effects include: Hearing loss, infertility, organ failure, digestive issues, learning disabilities and secondary cancers.
• Survival rates for kids with cancer are measured using adult benchmarks. Therefore, a child as young as six or seven years old that dies due to the side effects of their treatment, is considered a "cancer survivor."
Donations go directly towards funding pediatric cancer research projects to make better treatments for kids battling cancer so they may not endure the horrific pain or develop secondary cancers associated with their treatment.
CANNONBALL KIDS' CANCER FOUNDATION,
POST OFFICE BOX 547797
ORLANDO, FL 32854
CANNONBALL KIDS' CANCER FOUNDATION IS A 501(c)(3) NON-PROFIT COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATION. CANNONBALL KIDS' CANCER FOUNDATION'S REGISTRATION NUMBER IS CH41586. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.